About ASL PAVING
Since 1950, ASL PAVING has been providing quality
road building and commercial paving services to cities, towns
and government agencies across Saskatchewan.
With our focus on safety, environmental responsibility
and ASL's proven resources of equipment and experienced people,
we can deliver on time, quality and cost effective roadbuilding
solutions to cities and towns across Saskatchewan.
We handle all aspects of commercial and industrial
paving projects, from site preparation (earth work, sewers, utilities)
to concrete (all curbs, sidewalks, islands) to the final paving
and beyond (inspections, maintenance, repairs).
A History of Excellence and Innovation
ASL PAVING was founded in 1950 to service the urban paving market
in Saskatchewan. The company was founded by Ted Greenaway and
John Flood, who were responding to a growing need in towns and
cities for street paving, parking lots, and commercial developments.
The company was very successful, due in large
part to a commitment to good customer relations, excellent workmanship,
and honesty. ASL PAVING strives to continue the same policies
today in all aspects of our business.
ASL PAVING works hard to stay on top of the
latest innovations in construction practices and equipment, incorporating
new technologies and best practices into our business.
This focus on excellence and innovation has
helped ASL PAVING grow into one of the largest and most respected
companies in our field.
A Brief ASL PAVING Timeline
- Founded in 1950 as Asphalt Services Ltd.
- By the mid 1950s the company had established
paving operations in Saskatoon, Swift Current, and Red Deer.
- Acquired a small crusher in the late 1950s
to service the company's own requirements.
- In 1960, Asphalt Services started a new company
(Star Blacktop) to focus on emerging specialties.
- In the early 1960s, Asphalt Services purchased
Jim Patrick Sand and Gravel of Saskatoon, in order to obtain
full crushing capabilities.
- Throughout the 1960s Asphalt Services bought
T.J. Pounder Ltd. and North Star Transport, as the company continued
- During the 1970s, Asphalt Services sold some
of its operations and also expanded into new areas and subsidiary
- By the 1980s the company had either dismantled
or sold off all business not directly related to paving services.
- In 1980 the founders joined with new shareholders
to form ASL PAVING LTD.
- In 1988 ASL PAVING bought South Construction
in Regina, and officially entered the Regina paving market.
- By 1992 the 12 original shareholders had
consolidated down to three: Dave Flood, Morris Hnatiw, and Wayne
- In 1995 ASL purchased the assets of Interprovincial
Concrete Ltd. to expand into the concrete business.
- In 2004 Wade Mitchell and David Paslawski
acquired control of ASL PAVING. This sale represented the third
generation of ownership.
- Present day: ASL PAVING continues to thrive,
founded on strong principles of excellence and innovation.